Entry#7: Response to Butterick’s Practical Typography Chapter 1
Typography is the
visual component of the written word. At first, I think typography is just
font. However, after reading chapter one, I found I was wrong. Fonts are part
of typography, but typography goes beyond fonts. Text is the most conventional way
to convey people’s ideas. Typography is related to text. When it comes to the
question “why typography is important”, I think the biggest reason is that
typography is useful. As we can see, typography is for the benefit of the
reader, not the writer. Typography can help writers engage readers, guide them,
and ultimately persuade them. Good typography can help readers devote more
attention to writers’ essential message. In fact, typography is used
everywhere. It is closely linked our life and job. For example, newspaper,
books, website, even in our papers and CL/CV. In my opinion, sometimes,
typography is similar to infographic. Both of them can help people focus on key
projects and catch the most important information directly. In addition, from
one’s typography skills, we can infer his appreciation of the beauty, his
creative thinking and something else.
没有评论:
发表评论